Adult Book Club & Resources
Jake Epp Library Book Club
To register for either adult book club click here.
If you’d like to join an existing book club, Jake Epp Library hosts an in-house book club meeting on the third Wednesday of each month from 7-8:30 pm. Copies of the book are available at the circulation desk. The book for each month is posted on the event calendar.
We also have a playtime book club for parents with kids 5 & under, where you can bring your kids and let them play with one another while you discuss books. It takes place on the last Friday of the month. For Jun-Aug the time is 10-11 a.m., Sep-May will be 9:30-10:30.
Book Club Kits
If you’re in a book club, or interested in starting your own, consider taking advantage of our Book Club kits, where we have multiple copies of the same book as well as discussion questions. If you’re interested in knowing what we offer, view this pdf of our Book Club Catalogue
If you would like to submit a Book Club Kit Request, forms are available at the library or are printable using this pdf, Book Club Kit Request Form. Forms may be submitted in-person, by phone (204-326-6841), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by fax (204-326-6859).
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- NoveList Plus – login with your library card number, the whole thing with no spaces.
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads – Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca – Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
- BookTalk.org – An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club – Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
- BookBrowse.com – Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat!– A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.