Adult Book Club & Resources
Jake Epp Library Book Club
If you’d like to join an existing book club, Jake Epp Library hosts three in-house book clubs for adults.
Evening Book Clubs
– held on the last Wednesday of the month (with a few exceptions). We have two evening book clubs (6pm and 7pm) and you are welcome to attend one, or both! (We try to have different genres at both so there is something for everyone!) Our evening book clubs are for adults only.
Daytime Book Club
– held on the last Friday of the month (with a few exceptions) from 9:30-10:30am. This is a child-friendly book club; adults are welcome to attend this book club with or without children (you do not need to find childcare!) Playtime with blocks will be set up for young children while adults discuss the book.
For a full list of our upcoming book club selections and book club dates please click here
Copies of the book are available at the circulation desk. The book for each month is posted on the event calendar.
Book Club Kits
If you’re in a book club, or interested in starting your own, consider taking advantage of our Book Club kits, where we have multiple copies of the same book as well as discussion questions. We have a variety of genres for adult readers and teens alike. If you’re interested in knowing what we offer, view this pdf of our Book Club Kit Catalogue.
If you would like to submit a Book Club Kit Request, forms are available at the library or are printable using this pdf, Book Club Kit Request Form. Forms may be submitted in-person, by phone (204-326-6841), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- Lit Lovers – an online book club resource for discussion questions, recommendations, Book Club how-tos, and more!
- NoveList Plus – login with user ID: s6899444 and password: password, then click on NoveList Plus.
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads – Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca – Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
- BookTalk.org – An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club – Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
- BookBrowse.com – Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat! – A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.