Adult Book Club & Resources
Jake Epp Library Book Club
If you’d like to join an existing book club, Jake Epp Library hosts an in-house book club meeting on the third Wednesday of each month from 7-8:30 pm. Copies of the book are available at the circulation desk. The book for each month is posted on the event calendar.
During summer we also have an adult book club where parents with children under five can bring their children along and toys will be provided so that the children can play together.
You can RSVP here.
Book Club Kits
If you’re in a book club, or interested in starting your own, consider taking advantage of our Book Club kits, where we have multiple copies of the same book as well as discussion questions. We have a variety of genres for adult readers and teens alike. If you’re interested in knowing what we offer, view this pdf of our Book Club Kit Catalogue.
If you would like to submit a Book Club Kit Request, forms are available at the library or are printable using this pdf, Book Club Kit Request Form. Forms may be submitted in-person, by phone (204-326-6841), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Starting Your Own Book Club?
Visit the links below for information on how to get your own book club going:
- Lit Lovers – an online book club resource for discussion questions, recommendations, Book Club how-tos, and more!
- NoveList Plus – login with user ID: s6899444 and password: password, then click on NoveList Plus.
Includes book reviews, read-alikes, author biographies and discussion questions.
- GoodReads – Includes reader reviews, trivia, reading lists, etc. You can choose to sign up and share book lists.
- BookClubs.ca – Focuses on Canadian titles and includes reading guides, information about author events, and books in the news.
- BookTalk.org – An online book club that anyone can join.
- Oprah’s Book Club – Includes recommended book lists, author interviews and more.
- BookBrowse.com – Includes reviews, previews, stories behind the books, author interviews, reading guides, and more.
- Mostly, we eat! – A long-running book club that includes recommended reads and advice on starting a book club.